September 06, 2013

Foodie Friday: Bangkok City Cafe in Vancouver Review

I had been craving Thai food this week and finally got my fix on Wednesday when I went to Bangkok City Cafe with a friend. I found this place on yelp and it had really good reviews so I decided to check it out.

We went there for lunch and I guess we were pretty early because nobody was there. The door was open and it had the open sign but the people who worked there was in the back. That was the one thing I did not appreciate because we didn't really know what to do. I sort of called out to them by saying "hello" but I kind of almost wished they had a bell or maybe something that sounds when we enter because it was kind of awkward to stand inside the empty restaurant for a few minutes hoping they would notice us. Other than that, the service was good and prompt.

The waitress gave us the menu and I had already looked at it the night before, so I already knew what I wanted. The menu has a good selection of choices and a lunch menu as well. There isn't too many items on the menu that would make you feel overwhelmed with choices, which in my opinion is always a good thing because my friends and I can sometimes be quite indecisive. Everything always sounds soooo good, so when the menu isn't too big, it makes picking something a lot easier. Anyways, on to what we ordered.

A friend of mine told me to try Thai Iced Tea, so I decided to order it there and it was really good. Not entirely sure how to explain it, but it had a rich taste to it. Never had Thai Iced Tea before so I have nothing to compare it against.


I had been craving something spicy but also craving pad thai. I asked whether the pad thai was spicy but they informed that it was not, however they were able to make it spicy for me. The pad thai was really good. The noodles weren't too soft or too hard. The most important part was that they didn't stick together the way some other places do. I am not Thai so I cannot say how authentic the pad thai was but I definitely recommend it.


My friend had the red curry from the lunch menu. She said it was really good as well.


For those who didn't want to read my ramblings, here is a quickie review. Everything is out of 5.




No comments:

Post a Comment